Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Job Type: Full Time
Diesel Electric Services leverages its unique capabilities to support customers in the class 1 and short line railway industry such as passenger, freight, mining, steel production, forestry and agriculture.
Position: Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
- Verify conformance of parts to stock lists or blueprints and set and verify parts clearances.
- Perform pre-assembly activities such as cleaning and lubricating parts.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches and written instructions to assemble the parts or products.
- Perform heavy mobile mining equipment assembly according to engineering drawings.
- Position or align components for assembly, manually or using hoists.
- Rotate to various work cells as required.
- Follows scopes of work within time constraints to meet established daily assembly production targets and delivery targets.
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications.
- Perform final checks on installation, repair, inspection, reassembly, replacing, refitting, and adjusting products as required
- Support the development of assembly test procedures to promote production of quality products.
- Ensure all log books are maintained according to standard operating procedures.
- Build strong relationships with manufacturing team to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure customer satisfaction within area of primary responsibility
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Certification preferred or equivalent of Technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical fields with heavy equipment experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience with mining industry-specific equipment.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics.
- Knowledge on automotive repairs and well as heavy equipment
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; computer literacy.
- Flexible, self-motivated and driven to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets.
- Ability to work varied shift schedules
We are proud to offer our Full-Time Employees
- Fully Paid Benefit package
- Training and Certifications
Job Type: Full-time